Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainy Season Begins!

Rainy season, or monsoon season, in Phnom Penh is supposed to start in June.  But no one told that to monsoon season this year.  Almost every day for a week the view from my balcony has looked like this:




So today I took a few photos.

After the rain, here is what the flooded streets look like, again, from my 10th floor balcony:





That, too, lasts for about an hour and then the water all drains away to a mystery location and all is back to normal.  

So the rainy season came early this year.  Makes my heart a little more ready to leave.  I mean, it is cooler with this rain, but come on, who wants to plan every day around this?  Craziness!

I'm thankful it almost always happens in the afternoon.  Because my flight is late at night!  Hey, I have to be thankful for the little things, right?

Just a few more days in Cambodia left.
Loving every minute.
Even in the storms.



No comments:

Post a Comment