Monday, May 2, 2011

Blessings all over the country!

Well, hello, everyone! I’m sorry it’s been a while since I posted but well, life is a bit crazy now! What were we thinking when we planned a last minute trip to Disney World? We wanted to give the boys a fun vacation before we take them on a “vacation” to Cambodia, and they loved it but, boy, that place wears out the grown ups! Even if we’d had reliable internet at the hotel (which we didn’t), I am still completely confident that I wouldn’t have found any time to use it at all. Oh, we had so much fun. Can’t you see it in their faces here?


And here I am, back online now. We made the journey “home” to Texas after vacation, and we’ve been blessed so much. We got in Saturday afternoon to my Grandma’s house. I love Grandma’s house because it’s always full of people who love me. When we drove up, my mom and dad were waiting outside! They always hug the boys first, but that’s ok with me, I guess, ‘cause they get around to hugging me eventually. And when we walked through the door the house was full of aunts, uncles, too many cousins to count, and of course, Grandma! It was such a great afternoon seeing everyone. I’m thankful for a Christian family who believes in following God wherever He calls.

After that we headed to my mom and dad’s house in College Station, TX… aka, Aggieland! I love this place even more! I think that’s because it’s home.

And it isn’t the place that makes it home… it’s the people. We were given the blessed opportunity to speak at my home church and share our story on Sunday May 1st. It was such a great opportunity. I have so many memories there from the youth department where I served and was served by so many. I remember running on the stage as a kid and singing on it as a youth, and then growing up to learn that I can’t really sing and trying out acting on that very stage instead. I got married on that stage by my beloved youth pastor and every time I visit my family we go to church there. That building holds a lot of memories. But the people in it give me even more.

We stood up on the stage to a room full of people. Well, at the second service anyway. This is a college town, so not a lot of people make it to the early service! And in that room full of people I stopped my gaze on so many faces of people who I love dearly. Sunday school teachers, youth leaders, small group teachers, friends, my family, and lots of mentors. Their smiles gave me the courage to tell my story and the words of encouragement I heard afterward, filled with many scripture verses, give me the courage to keep running this race.

So thank you to my “family” at FBC College Station. Thank you for letting us share our story. Thank you for encouraging us and supporting us. But thanks most of all for helping me grow up to be who I am today.

And may it be a lesson to us all that someone is always watching. The Pastor closed with a familiar saying… “Preach the gospel always. When necessary, use words.”

1 comment:

  1. Kim/Steve - what a great adventure you are in for. Just remember that if everything goes as planned with no sudden changes or problems it's just a vacation! When the unexpected happens or problems arise, it's now an adventure!

    1 Corinthians 1(The Message)

    4-6 Every time I think of you—and I think of you often!—I thank God for your lives of free and open access to God, given by Jesus. There's no end to what has happened in you—it's beyond speech, beyond knowledge. The evidence of Christ has been clearly verified in your lives.

    7-9 Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

    ReplyDelete