Thursday, April 14, 2011

Re-Connecting

What a fun few weeks this has been! When we found out that we needed to raise over $35,000 to live in Cambodia (and to get there and back) for a year, and that didn't even include the extra expenses we still had to cover here, we were overwhelmed. We weren't worried, though. That's big for me because I tend to worry about everything. But it just made sense that if God wanted us to go to Cambodia, He'd provide a way to do it. Obviously, right?

What I didn't know is how much fun it would be! I thought asking people for money would be terrifying. I worried they'd laugh at us, or throw tomatoes at us, or just plain ignore us. But instead they are blessing us. YOU are blessing us. Thank you to all who are blessing us with your committments, your donations, and your stories of God working in your lives.

My favorite part is the reconnecting. I get to see people I haven't seen in a long time! We get to talk to friends who we haven't talked to in years. It's not good for the cell phone bills, I guess, but it's oh, so much fun! We love it! This past weekend we went up to our old church in Virginia, Colonial Heights Baptist Church, and we were blessed to be able to speak to many Bible Fellowship (Sunday School) classes and share our story. It was fun because the classes were filled with faces we have dearly missed! We also got to hear updates on so many families before and after the classes.

That Saturday, after meeting with a friend all morning and having a lovely time, we were able to join my sweet cousin Katie for her wedding day! She was beautiful as always, but even more so than ever! It was a beautiful wedding and a time to again, reconnect with family we haven't seen in a long time. We had so much fun!

These next few weeks will present us with more opportunities to reconnect with others as we follow God's call to share our story in Texas, our home state! We're excited to see so many friends and family there.

I love it

I love hearing from all of you!

I love hearing how God is working in your lives!

Keep sharing your story with others! We all need to hear it!



And I ask that you pray for us as we travel. It's always bittersweet to go "home" and share such big news! We know the reconnecting there will also be a great blessing!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great, Kim! My husband and I are support-based, so I definitely know the nerves and the sweetness of those meetings! God's people are wonderful.
    [I'm so glad I get to follow your story via blog.]

    ReplyDelete