Friday, October 21, 2011

Shots from the Tuk Tuk

For those that don't know from my previous posts, this is a tuk tuk:


I had to ride in one for a long distance today all by myself and since I wasn't worrying about holding on to kids and making sure no one fell out (or jumped out), I pulled out my camera and snapped a few photos as we flew through the city streets.  I set my shutter speed high to compensate for the movement but still got blur in a lot of them.  Oh well.  Here are a few that turned out okay.  

We crossed over this bridge.  I call it the stinky bridge.  Well, one of the many, many, many stinky bridges in Phnom Penh.  


 Let's have a closer look at that water.  Any guess why it's stinky?  I don't want to know what's in it...  They have open sewers here that look like this, too.  Who knows, this may be part of that.  I have no idea.  I was just shooting from the tuk tuk.


Then we got stuck at an intersection and this guy saw my camera and kept giving me this goofy look and wanting me to take his picture.  Lots of people do funny things with their hands here when I put my camera to my eye.  It makes me laugh.  I love these Cambodians!  


And I always love the bright orange robes of the monks.  Here's one on a moto:


And just some more random shots of everyday life on the streets.











 We were moving fast so I couldn't capture much, but you'll see people just being people...


...and kids just being kids...



... or babies driving mopeds...  whatever :) 




Just another day of adventure in Cambodia!
I love this place.




No comments:

Post a Comment